Choice of Power Shower

I need to replace my Aqualisa power shower. I am not very happy with the quality especially considering the cost. A replacement which isn't even a direct replacement is over 600. A Mkit ira is about 400 and a Trition or Galaxy is only 200. Is the Aqulisa just a very overpriced piece of or is the Triton or the Galaxy just as good. Is a thermostatically one really required.
Kevin