Aqualisa Shower Problem

I believe I have seen a similar post in the past concerning Aqualisa. Last night I turned off the shower (without using excessive force) and two things happened:

1) water continued to stream from the shower head 2) water ran from the shower unit casing

I seem to remember that the previous poster on this issue fitted a replacement part himself and was complimentary of Aqualisa's response to the problem.

My questions are:

The shower was supplied with an extension/shower room and I have no receipt, just warantee card and instruction manual - are Aqualisa obliged top honour the waranted nevertheless? (Yes I know I can call them and see, but I like to be forewarned).

Have any readers had similar experience of Aqualisa Aquastream shower? If so how were they treated by Aqualisa?

How do I go about finding the previous post on this subject in Google or otherwise?

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Hello Mr. The Scullster.

Twas I that had the same problem that you refer to. I have an Aquatique Exposed shower valve. I just called them expecting to have to pay for it, and they just said they'd send the new part to me FOC. Even offerered to fit it! I was honest and said it was about two years old, to which the nice girl (hello!) on the other end of the phone replied 'it has a 3-year warranty'. Givet hem a call. It seems like a common problem, so they're not even asking to see any documentation.

HTH.

T.A.

Reply to
The Admiral

Phil,

I had exactly the same problem with mine a few years ago. You need to get a new cartridge for it, as the other poster said, try getting them to replace it for free. Fitting it is an absolute doddle.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Excellent news. I too was very impressed with the level of service. I called them sometime late afternoon, and the part arived at 7:30 next morning. Superb. Interesting info about the on-going warranty. Thanks for that.

Good luck with replacing it - it'll won't take long. Give yourself about half an hour, and take some vaslene to the bathroom with you [not for what you may think... read the instructions!]

cheers

The Admiral.

P.S. don't forget to turn off the supplies!

Reply to
The Admiral

That's when it started going wrong for me, with the builder having used very cheap valves!

Reply to
Tim