Aqualisa Aquastream Power Shower: new thermostat cartridge

About 7 years ago we got an Aqualisa Aquastream power shower - this is the one with an integral valve and 12v pump in a box inside the shower cabinet. Recently it started dripping from the box. Taking off the front cover, water is leaking from the valve body assembly.

Our local plumbase, and Aqualisa, both claim that this means I need to replace the thermostatic cartridge, which costs at least £75.

This seems a lot to me - is it possible to dismantle the faulty thermostatic cartridge and if so is there anything inside which can be fixed?

Reply to
Simon Elliott

Aidan

In message , Aidan writes

Co-incidentally. Our Aqualisa thermostatic shower valve has developed a steady drip from the outlet. This is an externally pumped, soft water system but I take it the same *no user serviceable parts* applies?

Just passed 10 year anniversary so not really unexpected.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

It gets worse: for my particular model the cartridge costs ?98. Looking at it, it's all put together by rivets and looks impossible to open without damaging it. So I've ordered a new one. The guy at plumbase was surprised the pump hadn't gone as well.

There's got to be a better way: a power shower is just a pump and a thermostatic valve. Why don't they last forever?

Reply to
Simon Elliott