Bosch Washing Machine Woes

Hi all

Our Bosch washing machine has started making suspicious noises!

Only at certain speeds, there is the sound of something catching as the drum rotates. I have tried spinning the drum by hand but cannot replicate (I might not be spinning it fast enough).

It is probable that the start of this noise coincides with the machine being moved and lifted around.

Anyone any ideas on likely cause/remedy please?

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Are you in a hard water area? I have had something similar on a couple of machines as the heating element begins to scale up. The element was between the outer drum and the spinning drum and there was not a lost of clearance.

Reply to
Andrew May

A loose bra wire got out of the drum? The moving joggled it loose from where it was stuck?

(not necessarily *your* bra, of course...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Check the inside of the drum for pieces of wire, nails etc. that have lodged in the holes in the drum. As the drum revolves they catch on the heater as they go by. You need to look carefully, easy to miss, there are hundreds of holes.

Failing that, check the belt.

Reply to
harryagain