Washing Machine Advice

I've done a Google for this topic and found nothing helpful - hoping someone here can assist.

Some friends have a Bosch washing machine which has been making a screeching noise on spin - I told them (without actually hearing it) that it could be bearings. They are now reporting oil splashes on the clothes after spinning. Would this indicate drum bearing failure? Is this a DIY and/or economic repair on a seven year old Bosch machine?

Thanks.

Reply to
Doctor D.

This indicates that the seal between the bearings and the tub has failed; hence the oil in the tub/on the clothes. Of course, with loss of lubricant the bearings are likely to fail.

I get parts from CPC

but there are other pkaces too. Avoid a local repair shop if it's anything like mine...over 12 quid for a set of Hotpoint brushes...

Not sure about the Bosch, but on our Hotpoint it took 2 or 3 hours, usual tools and a very large hammer.

Reply to
Bob Eager