washing machine fault diagnosis

Hi, I would really appreciate some help with my broken washing machine.

It fills and empties ok. The program dial 'clicks' through the selected program ok. The program does not run - drum does not turn, no spinning etc.

An ideas please? Thank you.

Reply to
nafuk

More information needed.

Make? Model? Age? Does it happen on all programs?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Thank you.

Reply to
nafuk

Thank you.

Motor brushes worn right down? Belt off (if the motor is running)?

Reply to
John

Thank you for the reply. I have checked the brushes and they are ok and the belt is still on. Cheers, Neil

Reply to
nafuk

then its either a bad motor, bad motor controller, bad wiring between the 2, or less likely bad main controller. I'd start by checking the motor resistances.

Then again its a 10 yo indesit, so if the repair isnt simple a replacement used machine would be better.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

then its either a bad motor, bad motor controller, bad wiring between the 2, or less likely bad main controller. I'd start by checking the motor resistances.

Then again its a 10 yo indesit, so if the repair isnt simple a replacement used machine would be better.

NT

10 years is quite good for an Indesit. I have had 3 in just over 30 years and would probably buy another (please don't flame me on Miele). They are low cost - low risk. If I wanted to sepnd over £500 then I would think again.
Reply to
John