Subject Author Posted Replies

Sealing lead came...
A mate of mine has original crittal windows (1930's metal frame single glazed) with real lead lite Georgian style panes. Recently in some of the driving torrential downpours, it has started leaking...
10
10

Shed foundations help
Re built my shed and it will be 9 x 5 feet will only be used for storage as later on will add a roofed canopy for any work. I have started to dig out (on a slight slope, previoulsy badly slabbed) With...
10
10

Blending valves for DHW
Anyone used/owned a "whole house" 22mm blending valve on the outlet of a stored water system? Worth having? Effects on flow rate? Any brands to recommend / avoid? May be ripping and replacing the...
6
6

Solid or Hollow Blocks
Hi. I'll be hiring a brickie to rebuild the rear wall of my back yard. The existing double leaf brick wall has a few degrees of tilt affecting it. So ...hollow or solid? Thanks. Arthur
2
2

Mounting a Bathroom Cabinet to a plasterboard wall - how?
Hi, I have a bathroom cabinet that is 1m high and 1.5m wide and it will go on a wall that is plasterboard. It weighs about 35 kilos so it's damn heavy! I do understand that it cant be fixed to...
4
4

Which surface treatment for dusty concrete floor?
Yes. Soak it in 1:1 diluted SBR - ideally as much as it will absorb in one session. It will set it like a rock through quite a thickness from the surface due to the excellent penetrative powers of...
4
4

why didn't fuse blow?
Once again I've managed to chop through the flex on my hedge cutters. They're rated at 400 watts, so I guess a 5amp fuse should have been used in the plug instead of 13 amp. Even so, I don't...
33
33

Falling through a flat roof
Are domestic flat roofs, in principle, OK to walk around on or should I use boards to spread the load? What about if I want to use a ladder on the flat roof - should I use a board to place the ladder...
7
7

Gey water disposal
Google strongly suggests that grey water (e.g. from a wash basin in the workshop/shed) cannot be routed to a soakaway, but must go to main drainage or a septic tank. Haven't checked the fall to the...
5
5

Mortice lock not closing
A bit of a ball-ache, this - front door is secured by a mortice latch/lock but is ever-so-slightly out of position, so that the latch will only engage if you either slam the door, or close it fully...
14
14

egypt
Travel to Egypt and let Egyptra travel service manage your visit . offeri= ng both historical and recreation journeys packages , Nile cruise,shore exc= ursions and different categories of hotel...
3
3

Recall for electric-shock extension lead and cable
Recall for electric-shock extension lead and cable An extension lead set and a brand of electric cable that can both give the user an electric shock have been recalled from the market. The...
10
10

OT: Sky channels breaking up
Anyone have any breakup on - sony movies & +1 movies for men & +1 sci-fi Cheers.
1
1

stainless steel sink fixing clips
I have a stainless steel sink to fit in a laminate worktop. There are 5 fix= ing clips along the front and back, and 2 clips on each side. The clips hoo= k onto a tag on the sink and a bit at the...
9
9

Ivy
Three lots of next door neighbours ago planted an ivy close to our boundary which of course grew up my side of the semi as well. Didn't much mind as it looked quite nice. Current neighbour recently...
18
18