Subject Author Posted Replies

Update on Makita drill
Makita ones, or any brand? Just curious since the cheapest way to get a 24V NiMH battery charger seems to be to get an old power tool charger from a car boot sale. But there's a question of how...
7
7

Low wall problem
Have a look at Pyracantha ( might be a bit high for your location but it can be pruned to a reasonable height (one of my neighbours has it well trained) and it will certainly stop the beggars sitting...
1
1

Flogging the end of my garden to my neighbour
I'm planning to sell the end 40% of my garden to my next door neighbour. We want to do it without involving a solicitor as in my experience they do = very little, do it wrong, take a long time about...
2
2

Power consumption in India
Grauniad: "India is the world's fifth-largest electricity producer after the US, China, Japan and Russia, but its per capita consumption is among the world's lowest. In 2009, Indians used 571 kWh per...
5
5

Rough Audi A6 tickover and duff replacement parts;(..
A cautionary tale;!.. Quite somewhile ago I posted here re my vintage Audi A6 and an a rough idle problem. From the start this would very rapidly start to "hunt" i.e. rev up to say 1500 and down and...
2
2

Bosch Washing Machine Woes
Hi all Our Bosch washing machine has started making suspicious noises! Only at certain speeds, there is the sound of something catching as the drum rotates. I have tried spinning the drum by hand but...
3
3

Cutting corners on granite worktop with angle grinder
I'm halfway through widening the hob hole in our work top. Blue Bosch grinder, diamond blade, all good so far, even straight lines! This is the only tool I own that has made any impact on the granite...
2
2

Compton Garages
COMPTON GARAGES. If you have a Compton garage, it came with a "No quibble ten year guarantee." However you can forget it. Compton have been taken over by a firm called Lidget & they are now trading...
9
9

Flat roof boarding?
What would likely be the under-felt boarding to a 1970s (nearly) flat roof? Recycled floor boards? plywood? Stirling board? heaven-forbid chipboard?
8
8

restoration home
Anyone watching "restoration home", presented by Caroline Quentin ? The program is interesting, but wow the commentary is annoying. Caroline sounds like she doesn't understand anything she is saying,...
4
4

Man dies after barbecue explosion
he was using an angle grinder! http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-19035426Apparently
27
27

The best newsgroup around
I subscribe to a number of newgroups, ranging from IT related to health and of course this one. I have to say that the uk.d-i-y one is by FAR the best. Brilliant exchange of ideas and genuinely good...
11
11

Chrome tubing rusted
I fitted some chrome tubing over the bath for the shower curtain. I also used chrome coated copper pipe in the same area. Over the years the chrome tubing (the type B&Q sell for wardrobe purposes) has...
2
2

Bay Window Ceiling Mould
The bay window ceiling is showing signs of mould spots about to burst through the wallpaper covering. The bay window roof is flat, and tends to be the coldest part of the room in winter (not been able...
4
4

Car battery charger
Kind people here once suggested a Ctek charger to leave attached to my car in the garage. At the time I couldn't get one quickly, so settled for another make. I now need to replace the one I bought...
3
3