concrete ornaments

how do you acheive the dark edging,and antique look on statues when casting in concrete

Reply to
madmick22

Matt black aerosol from a motorists discount shop. Use very sparingly.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

coat them in yoghurt and leave outside for a few weeks.

Reply to
alan

Ask again in about 50 years' time.

Reply to
PeterC

Or cowshit.

Reply to
harryagain

Fake antiquing of statues is done using sparingly applied tar. Unfortunately I don't know which variety of tar, just that a friend who makes statues artificially aged for sale to tourists told me he uses "catrame" which is Italian for tar.

Reply to
Steve Firth