Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Using air con units for heating
We are renting a small apartment in Spain until next summer and have a space heating choice of electric oil filled convector heaters or Panasonic invertor AC units CS & CU RE12JKE-1 Anyone know...
23
23

Hoover (Candy) DF967 Heater
Follow up to earlier thread. I removed the control board and saw what appeared to be signs of heating and possibly a dry joint at the connections to a relay. However, No improvement. Still no power to...
3
3

Shower advice - reference
I'm the one who asked if you should silicone the inside bottom edge of a shower cubicle, then went ahead and did it before everyone replied that you should NOT. This apparently illogical advice...
4
4

Plugin Programable Thermostat
Does such a device exist in the UK? Plugin Programable Thermostats are available in the US but are, of course, 120V. Plugin thermostats are available here but they are not programable. I would think...
6
6

Replacement Parker Knoll Castor
Mother's sofa has a broken castor. As she is a fair distance away, she posted the broken castor to me so I could try to get a replacement. Parker Knoll as were are no more, wondering if anyone has any...
19
19

tensioning webbing straps
I'm looking for an alternative, or a different design, for a cam buckle to tighten a 25mm webbing strap. With the metal cam buckles I currently have I cannot get enough tension in the strap. With this...
4
4

Wednesday evening
I shall be at work until very late. I am buying nothing for the kids who go trick or treating. The grasping little Fagins will yet again have no luck when they knock on my door.
20
20

Advice requested: seal bottom row of tiles to a bespoke shower base
Hi Folks, We have a shower cubicle of a non-standard size, with block walls on three sides. I got a custom shower tray made from stainless = steel for the base of this shower, with a lip on it of...
10
10

Fiesta Mk3
My son has an N-reg Fiesta Mk 3, 1.1 litre petrol, which is in good condition except that the engine can stop at any time or sometimes revs like mad to frighten old ladies at the traffic lights. It is...
17
17

OT: Kindle and other e-readers
Wifey has decided that she wants an e-reader for Christmas. Personally, I think the books are a complete rip-off - someone, somewhere, is saving on all that ink, all that paper, the manufacturing...
74
74

Scary cooking
Tesco 4 Vegetable Pies 568G MicrowaveStep 650 Watt 750 Watt 850 Watt =09 Microwave From FrozenStep 650 Watt 750 Watt 850 Watt =09 Oven Temperature: 400=B0F,Gas 6,200=B0C Time: 25-30 minutes Help, what...
28
28

The Dreaded BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)
Had a Dell Dimension 9100 given to me a couple of days ago and as soon as I switched on I got the dreaded BSOD. Looking on the internet for advice, the BSOD covers numerious problems. I took the hard...
10
10

kitchen lighting
Hi, Call me old fashioned or boring or both, but is the best way to light a kitchen with a 4' tube? Our kitchen has a single fitting in the centre of the ceiling which originally had a 60w bulb;...
44
44

Hoover (Candy) Dishwasher Heater
The dishwasher is not heating up (DF967). Does anyone know if there is a resetable limit thermostat that I should try first? I have found a replacement heater is over £80 so I may be replacing the...
4
4

OT Dealing with cold callers
19