Scary cooking

Tesco 4 Vegetable Pies 568G

Instructions

MicrowaveStep 650 Watt 750 Watt 850 Watt =09 Microwave From FrozenStep 650 Watt 750 Watt 850 Watt =09 Oven

Temperature: 400=B0F,Gas 6,200=B0C

Time: 25-30 minutes

Help, what do I do, my oven doesn't quite go up to 6200C?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Okay: help is at hand.

Dismantle the smoke alarms on your property (you do have smoke alarms, don't you?) and gather all the americium-241 into one place and mould it into a ball.

Hit the ball of americium-241 from at least eight different directions simultaneously with nine-pound sledgehammers.

Your Tesco 4 Vegetable Pies 568G will now be cooked. Unfortunately most of the surrounding neighbourhood will now also be cooked but that seems a small price to pay for the ability to enjoy your Tesco 4 Vegetable Pies at their very best.

HTH HAND etc

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

What a great NG this is. Always someone with the ideal solution.

:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

6 is an old temperature (gas mark 6) =200 degrees c
Reply to
F Murtz

Blame it on 10 years of Tiny Blair.

It always used to.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That link you have given says

"Not suitable for microwave cooking."

Reply to
ARW

It doesn't say 6,200C is says 400F, gas mark 6, 200c

400F is around 200C
Reply to
Phil L

Now if Marshall's made gas cookers...

Reply to
Graham.

It seems like nobody quite knows what the CM of any Am isotope is. The figure for Am 241 seems to be at least 57.6kg, so with 0.28 micrograms per detector, you are going to need er.. ..A hell of a lot.

Graham.

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0850 Watt

Text error 400=B0F, Gas 6, 200=B0C

Reply to
harry

I declare it a non-ideal solution. You can get temperatures higher than that (apparently) quite easily:

many bubble implosions to heat a pie? That might take a while but would spare the neighbourhood.

Reply to
polygonum

568G
>>> Instructions

I was pushed for time so raided the freezer for something to eat and a cottage pie type meal, I think it was M&S brand. Anyhow on the instructions it never actually said take this pie out of the metal tray before cooking in a microwave. I would have thought with all the health & safety these days that the directions would have been more specific. I have never tried it but I assume metal trays and microwave ovens dont mix.

Reply to
ss

Yeahbut, 200 deg 400 deg F

Reply to
John Rumm

But you would need to turn them up to 11

Reply to
John Rumm

Although on reflection - its not far off ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

True.

Gas 6 is often equated to 400 F which is 204.444 C. Given the gross inaccuracy of many oven thermostats, I'll forgive them. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

If you really thing 8 F difference is relevant to heating a pie, god help your family...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any metal in a microwave is normally a bad idea. Even a gilt type glaze on pottery can put up quite a firework display (for a while).

Whole raft of videos on YouTube under "Is It A Good Idea To Microwave..." OWTTE.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

And yet they supply a very-definitely-metal shelf-trivet-thingy with the damned thing - and some have metal rotating things. (Words are not coming to my fingers right now!)

So, whilst I am sure it is entirely understandable, it does seem to go against "never anything metal" to a considerable measure.

Reply to
polygonum

I think you'll find that is the final solution

Reply to
The Other Mike