200 watt light bulbs

My house is full of dim 25w economy bulbs ,where can I get good 150 or 200
watt bulbs ??Failing that can I get any larger fluorescent saver bulbs
,maybe 50 watt as these energy savers just get dimmer
Reply to
Ed
Not the answer you want but we too have had a similar problem and ended up doubling up on the number of low energy lamps. E.G. our lounge has a single 200w bulb but now has a 7 arm light fitting with 7 x 11w (60w equivalent) low energy lamps fitted. Light output should be in the order of 420w but seems just about equivalent to our old 200w filament bulb. Discounting the cost of the light fitting the 7 low energy cost £1-25 each.
Is this the way forward ?
Gio
Reply to
Gio
If you go for 200W you'll have to change the lampholders for ES (or GES) ones - AFAIAA BC lamps aren't available over 150W.
Reply to
Frank Erskine
I do actually have one 200 w bayonet bulb from local ironmonger who does not know where it came from Osram Classic (CLAS A FR 200 240VOLT B22d BC ) £1-- 55 and really bright after last winter in the dusk
Reply to
Ed
In article , Gio says...
Where do you buy 200 Watt bulbs from? I've only ever seen upto 150Watt=20 for sale. --=20 David in Normandy. (The free MicroPlanet Gravity newsreader is great for eliminating=20 rubbish and cross-posts)
Reply to
David in Normandy
On 3 Oct,
They used to be. I haven't seen one for years though. When did they stop being available?
Reply to
<me9
In article , Gio says...
Where do you buy 200 Watt bulbs from? I've only ever seen upto 150Watt for sale.
Reply to
Gio

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in