Anyone have a True Life 12000 Watt Generator??

Does anyone own a True Life Generator??

I see these on some local auctions...

True Life 12000 Watt Generator

Trying to figure out how good they are?

Reply to
sparty

Maybe you mean 1200w, A name means nothing, what brand of parts are on it, what is its cost.

Reply to
m Ransley

Never heard of them. In all probability they are brand new low end Chinese units with yet another name stuck on them.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Nope, I mean 12000W. They go for about $950 on the local auction. Looks like a little over $1K on ebay.

Here's a link on ebay that is similar to the one I'm talking about.

sparty

I like the part about color, that it might be green, yellow, red or whatever paint they had lying around. It says nothing about voltage stabilisation. Its price is comparable to a fairly good Generac 4000 EXL or a 1000w Honda inverter which is the best in quality and output. So who knows, its a chinese gamble, probably junk.

Reply to
m Ransley

The OEM Parts Store had written this in response to

:

We have about 450 of the True Life Generators. Actually ... for a chinese unit, they are pretty reliable. I know we normally just clean the carb and replace the plug and it is up and running again. We ran our entire business on 2 of those 12K's when the power went out. I recommend them.

Jas> sparty wrote:

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 317040 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
The OEM Parts Store

yes i have a 12000 they are pretty dam good clean THE PLUG air filter and fuel bowl and add fresh fuel and conditioner and hey are a knock off of honda actualy they just slaped a sticker on it i guess i got mine new in 2010 still ruinin strong i use it for my rv and when power goes at house

Reply to
big b

Does anyone know where to go on line for a tech manual on a True Life 12000 generator?

Reply to
r.dennis1948

Yes, you can go on-line using the same computer you used to post this message. 2nd hit on Google

Reply to
philo

This may be similar?

bob_villain

I"m not sure. Maybe google.

I'm not sure but maybe try True Life 12000 manual

Reply to
Micky

From a quick google search - try the " contact us " in the link below -

Good luck. John T.

hubops

replying to The OEM Parts Store, Koolaid wrote: Good generator __2006 model. I live in Florida and it comes in handy during those summer time thunder stormes when the power goes out.

Reply to
Koolaid

That's a 10 year old post!!!!!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

What do you expect from the assholes at "homeownershub".

Reply to
Newsgroup.Police

You didn't leave any quoted text!!!!!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

replying to sparty, Brian wrote: I do they are very good basicly they are a generic Honda geny not bad for buck I paid about $700 4 yra ago

Reply to
Brian

replying to big b, Kevin Wynn wrote: Do you have a owner manual for true life 12000w

Reply to
Kevin Wynn

replying to The OEM Parts Store, Don wrote: Can you tell me what country the 12000 true life generator is made?

Reply to
Don

I have 12000 true life generator works great runs most of my house uses little fuel for price how it works I am happy still get parts

Reply to
randyhamlin59