Plugin Programable Thermostat

Does such a device exist in the UK? Plugin Programable Thermostats are available in the US but are, of course, 120V. Plugin thermostats are available here but they are not programable. I would think there must be a market here for such a device.

I want a Programable Thermostat for use with an electric convector heater. The heater has a timer that can be programed for on/off (4 stages) but not for different temperature settings for each on/off setting.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

In article , Edward W. Thompson writes

fred

plug, programmable stat, socket. Not hard really

Reply to
meow2222

In article , fred writes

timer stats but they all appear to be non timer.

Reply to
fred

I thought of that, too. But programmable stats intended for controlling central heating systems can often not handle more than 3 amps - so may not be any good for larger loads. I suppose that if you mount it in a box, you could also incorporate a relay.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I have no doubt that it is possible to cobble something together to do the job but that doesn't answer the question.

Seems strange that a plug in programable thermostat isn't available here.

Thanks anyway

'
Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

The DIY-ers in this group don't "cobble things together". They create carefully crafted custom solutions!

Anyway, it *does* answer the question, thus: Off-the-shelf devices don't exist here, but it's perfectly possible to create the same functionality if you have the appropriate skills.

Reply to
Roger Mills