Hoover (Candy) Dishwasher Heater

The dishwasher is not heating up (DF967). Does anyone know if there is a resetable limit thermostat that I should try first? I have found a replacement heater is over £80 so I may be replacing the machine if it isn't an easy fix. The heater sits in a pipe in the side of the machine.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

A quick resistance test on the heater itself ought to tell you if its that (and on the stat if you can identify it). Often the stat is a separate plug in thing in close proximity to the heater.

Reply to
John Rumm

DerbyBorn wrote in news:XnsA0FA60DD6EF46johnplant90ntlworldc@81.171.92.222:

Checked the heater and it has continuity. Put volt meter on heater whilst running the plate warming cycle - no volts present at first point of entry to heating assembly.

Not ventured underneath the machine yet - any clues on what I should look for? The two limit thermostats are okay on the sides of the heater.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Wiring loom or output from the controller then sounds like the next likely targets.

Could you follow the wires back from the heater, and check continuity of them to wherever they go?

Reply to
John Rumm

If that design of machine has the wires passing through the door hinge to a controller mounted in the top of the door, the conductors breaking where they flex through the hinge is not unknown.

Also, whatever switches the heater current might have burned out (mechanical controller and interlocks such as water pressure sensor, or a relay).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel