Hoover Dishwasher

My Hoover DF967 dishwasher has started to make a knocking sound when the motor is running.

My guess is that a bearing is on its way out. Any suggestions from anyone as to whether it is worth upending it to investigate.

Reply to
John

There'd be no question in this house, I couldn't live with it and Spouse couldn't live with me not living with it - if you know what I mean!

But are you sure the 'vanes' aren't catching on anything?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Is the noise regular or random? I can't think of any motor in a dishwasher which runs slow enough to make what you might describe as a knocking noise. Could it be one of the spray arms hitting something? They are usually removable -- maybe one isn't fitted properly? Maybe a spray arm bearing has worn excessively?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

IT seems too fast to be a spray arm - I'll run it with them off to see what happens.

Reply to
John

Well done Andrew! I took off th emain spray bars and then realised ther eis a third - small one in the roof of the dishwasher. The bearing ridge in the plastic had become worn and the spray bar was hitting the roof of the dishwasher. Being only a few inches long it does rotate quite fast. A bit of heat from the gas hob and a bit of remoulding has made a temporary fix until I can get a spare.

Reply to
John

Oh good. CPC is a good source of spares for white goods.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel