Subject Author Posted Replies

"I don't know" is not an answer
That isn't adequate when you're using it all day. We have 800W inverters in the van with aux batteries and charge everything that way. Bill
105
105

Bleah & paint
Normally I just repaint, but there's an area of emulsion I don't want to re= paint if it can be cleaned. I've tried a spot of neat bleach on it, and it = cleans it up very well, and the paint seems...

Time Locks
Hi guys, Anyone know where I can get a time lock from? I'm talking about the kind that you find used in safes that stay locked for so say 3 days or whatever and then release automatically and that...
7
7

Gas grill auto ignition
Double gas oven with the upper oven having a grill in the top. If you turn the ovens or the grill on, they auto ignite. Except an issue has developed with the grill.... Turn the grill on and it...
2
2

usenet in an IMAP style?
Is it possible to synchronise usenet across several computers? In the sort of way that IMAP does for email. Or would a web client be necessary?
8
8

Removing old water tank from loft
I don't have and angle grinder. As it is very awkward to get up there, I am not absolutely certain that it is metal, though it looks like it. The hatch is far too small to get it through, any...
51
51

Geberit maintenance access...
Hi all, Going to fit one of these wall frame cistern jobs pretty soon; the kind tha= t you box in and tile over. Question is, getting access to fix possible lea= ks and whatnot in future is - it seems...
1
1

rat poison
Having read the thread on dead rats I really ought to put something down now the cold weather has arrived. I see the odd mouse or rat and probably best to sort them out. I cant be bothered with traps...
13
13

OT - HD from Sky box to computer
Can anyone suggest how to get HD (and SD) video from a Sky+ box into a computer? I currently have Sky+ HD which I'm planning to dump soon. Naturally there is loads of stuff recorded on the box with...
7
7

Aldi wine
How come Aldi can do a drinkable bottle of wine for £2.99 when everyone else wants £3.99?
45
45

Central Heating Control
I'm having difficulty getting my (gas) central heating to start in the morning. The digital control is situated on an internal wall (engineering brick) which has underfloor heating (v. efficient!) on...
3
3

Tape to HD
I have lots of S-VHS tapes with stuff on them I'd like to keep, as it were. My S-VHS machine was broken for a long time, but I fixed it today (PS problem) So I'd like to transfer everything to a hard...
10
10

Grand Designs - Turf roof on larch box in Skye
Wasn't too sure at first, especially when I saw the forerunner shown as some sort of example - didn't like that one at all. As it turned out, the one in the programme was a delight, and the occupants...
31
31

Eurolocks... keyless alternatives?
Hi all, The PVC front door on my new house has a eurolock. It's the kind you have to turn two full turns in order to lock and unlock the door. That is pretty fiddly, especially when it's dark, wet and...
32
32

Potterton Boiler
I have a Potterton Boiler, non-condensing, installed by corgi fitter about 5 years ago. Recently, yesterday and today, it has been sending out noises, such as 'bangs' and now 'cracks' (like a kids top...
3
3