Potterton Boiler

I have a Potterton Boiler, non-condensing, installed by corgi fitter about 5 years ago. Recently, yesterday and today, it has been sending out noises, such as 'bangs' and now 'cracks' (like a kids top cap pistol) Corgi gasman has taken it apart and can find no definite reason for these noises. The fault-finding manual gives masses of meaning of different lights and their phasing, but nothing regarding noises.

Any thoughts - no sign of flash or burns on connections

Colin

Reply to
cojack

This could be caused by "kettling" - localised boiling within the boiler. solution in our case was to have the system power flushed to get rid of all the muck in the water.

Reply to
charles

Can you bleed it for air?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Hard to say without hearing it, but it could be "Kettering" - adding a dose of boiler noise reducer will normal fix that for a bit.

It could indicate low flow rate of water through the boiler - so perhaps a pump having difficulty, or mild temperatures and thermostatic rad valves reducing flow rate. If the pump is external, you could try it on a higher speed setting.

Reply to
John Rumm