Potterton Profile Boiler

Hi,

I have a Potterton Profile boiler in a fully pumped system.

The boiler's pilot light is lit every time the boiler is needed. automatically

I have noticed recently, when the boiler is called for, it sometimes (usually) does the following

Fan on (5 seconds) Fan off 3 seconds

Fan on 2 seconds Fan off 3 seconds

The 2on 3off can repeat for a while (8 times just now when I tested it from cold)

Then it ignites, and works fine (as far as I can tell!)

About a minute after it was running, I turned it off, then back on again, it did the 2on 3off 4 times this time

Is this something I should worry about?!

If so, what is the likely problem?

Reply to
Sparks

This is almost certainly a fault in the control box. The fan runs up, the air pressure switch changes over, but the box does not change over in response, thus the fan is then unpowered and winds down, the air pressure switch changes back, the fans starts...

IIRC this is a stuck relay in the control box. A new box is available from. geoff i.e.

The control box is reasonably easy to fit if you are experienced with electric applinace repairs involving about 20 connections.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , Sparks writes

I would think it's the air pressure switch on it's way out or a relay on the pcb

Reply to
geoff

5 flying leads, two molex connectors and the HT lead

it's retained by 4 nylon standoffs

Reply to
geoff