Bitumen Paint My shed roof and Am I nuts

I want to paint my shed roof with Bitumen Paint and a chuck away paint
roller Am I nuts
I really cant deal with another felting job
Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England
Reply to
Phil
Yes. That roller will keep perfectly well, floating in the bucket of paint until next year.
I use a brush, which hardens, and then stick it in the paint and work it a bit -- it's fine in a few minutes. Use vegetable oil or baby oil to get the paint off yourself. Just as good as diesel, and much less nasty.
Thomas Prufer
Reply to
Thomas Prufer
Hi.
This is an old fashioned roofing method that was once common. Yes it works. Felt is effectively just a way to apply a layer of bitumen.
Hehe, I have no idea :)
Regards, NT
Reply to
N. Thornton
This would be functional for a while, but not aesthetically pleasing.
You could also look at some of the acrylic sealers which are more flexible and clean up easily in water.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Reply to
Andy Hall
I think I wont use artificial slate on the roof the bleedin thing will probably collapse only held together by wood beetles . I think I will pop up there with a 99p roller and a bucket of stinky stuff.
Mind you I could give my next door neighbour a peek whilst I'm up there and ask to borrow the baby oil, to clean my roller .
Thanx knowledgeable types Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England
Reply to
Phil

Site Timeline Threads