How to dismantle a dyson?

After many lead changes we seem to have something more fundamentally broken on our dyson dc04.

For whatever reason the brush heads intermittently disengage - from a cursory poke about, it seems either the belt is slipping or the brush head switch is broken.

I'm having problems working out how to take the base apart to get access to the inards to find out more. Has anyone got instructions on how to do so - thus far I've found 8 torx screws (2 underneath & 6 topside) but removing these doesn't seem to help much?

Comments from anyone who's had similar problems are also welcome!

Reply to
dave cunningham

Chuck it away and buy a decent vacuum cleaner.

Reply to
Huge

In message , Huge wrote

Maybe from your point of view, but I'd rather spend £20 to repair what I have than £100+ to replace it.

There's a useful page here should anyone else have the same problem .

Reply to
dave cunningham

Not at all. I simply wouldn't have bought a Dyson to start with. But that option is not open to the OP.

Reply to
Huge

Don't agree.

The Dyson we have (bought about 2 months ago) is easily the best vacume we've ever owned in terms of cleaning performance. Model DC08 I think.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

In message , Alan writes

We thought that at first with our DC05 but now I'm just waiting for it to fall over so that we can buy a Panasonic or similar cyclone.

Reply to
ignored

Never seen the Panasonic - good egh?

Reply to
Alan

In message , Alan writes

dunno specifically - Matsushita are a good manufacturer IME

Reply to
ignored

If/when I have to buy a new one its going to be one of those robot vacuum cleaners. You put it on the floor and it goes round cleaning the lot. Yes please!

Roombavac.com I think - no connection, but I want one :)

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Huh. I thought that about Mitsubishi until I bought one of their vacuum cleaners. Worked great for two years then was irrepairable.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I had a problem with static with my dyson dco4 and emailed their customer support and they sent a part free by return post. So far I find their support ace.

Try it

Its a deluxe domestic appliance, let the experts deal with it. If you have a Ford you fix it, if you have a toyota they fix it, (properly with high quality parts an thorough labour).

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England

Reply to
Phil

Looks like fun. Not sure what the cats would make of one of those though. Has the dalek problem when it comes to the stairs too.

Reply to
John Armstrong