Subject Author Posted Replies

OT Opinions?
Opinions anybody?
53

How do I undo this?
's the outlet for a shower. I assume the back part rotates somehow... Neil Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email...
6
6

OT Indian Postal Service
I received a postcard yesterday from India. Posted on the 25th October. A pity my friend had only gone for three weeks as she phoned me last night from home to tell me about her holiday:-)
6
6

And now I've seen it all ...
In many cars nowadays, the headlamps are not user replaceable because you have to remove other parts of the engine to get to them. That maybe why so many cars now drive with a headlamp out.
319
319

Simple Timing Circuit
Because he wants to build it inside a mouse.
38
38

CPC Webfree til Weds 28th
CPC are offering free delivery on orders over £10 + vat until end of Weds 28th Nov. Usual story, type WEBFREE in the Order Comments box, checkout will show amount inc postage/handling but you will...
2
2

Laying carpet tiles - Start from middle?
About to put some carpet tiles in a smallish [3mx2m plus a bit] room used as an office. Have bought the tiles [35]. Checking various websites they say start from middle of room and work outwards. Why?...
9
9

Altered thermostat behaviour
Sometime last winter I noticed that my CH thermostat had changed its behaviour. Instead of being on for ~10 minutes and off for ~20, it would run the heating for ~40 seconds, then off for ~2 minutes....
2
2

OTish Youtube.
I am having a problem with the sound breaking up on youtube. Adobe Flashplayer with Google Chrome Any ideas as to the cause/cure?
7
7

Choosing a portable heater for a large space
Looking to get some heating for the holiday home. Med climate, about 10 deg C worst-case at night in winter, but usually nearer 15 deg C. My main concern is the downstairs. It's a big space, around...
3
3

What are these things called?
I have a Denon cassette deck and it has lost its hub retainers. These appear to be tiny little plastic circles with a hole in the middle that push over a spindle and slip into a narrow part on the...
12
12

10mm copper tube and adapters to 15mm TRVs
I need to do some work on the CH system shortly (adding/moving a radiator and swapping out a faulty TRV). Turns out that I already have a spare, boxed TRV at home (sized for 15 mm only) however the...
6
6

Retaining washer
Have a moulded plastic badge with round studs which protrude from the back, go through what it's mounted on and are secured by a push on washer thingie with spring fingers in the middle which grip the...
5
5

Noisy cistern valve
Hello We've had a problem with banging mains water pipes recently which I traced back to a cistern valve that I recently replaced. The valve is a very compact bottom entry type with a float on a very...
6
6

OT android 2.2 7" netbook £99
Any point for =A399? 7 inch netbook. Display: 7 Lcd Tft - maximum resolution 800 x 480. Storage= drive type: 4gb flash. System ram: 256mb. Operating System: google android= 2.2. Processor: via 8650...
21
21