Subject Author Posted Replies

adding security to timber French doors
Currently 2 x rack bolts going across, & 4 small "bog door" bolts 2 per door 1 up 1 down into frames.??. Mmm Suggestions please on what to add/replace this lot with to add some reasonable locking...
12
12

uPVC windows with cills
Hiya, Probably a silly question - but all the uPVC windows I have fitted before have been cill-less (tiled cills already in the brickwork). I have to fit 4 windows in my dormers that will have full...
2
2

12V LED Recommendation Please
Just started to rent a garage that has no services in. I wish to put some lighting in, so the best thing to me would be LEDs as this will be able to run on low power consumption from a 12V car...
13
13

Prolly paging Arfa
I have a JVC Av-32WFP1EK TV which for some time now has been suffering from horizontal barrel distortion for the past couple of years. It has now suddenly changed to horizontal pincushion. The...
1
1

RCD plug, info please
I have just wired some electric to my shed just a plug at one end and a socket at the other only for very occassional use or the hedge timmer as it saves me running an extension cable from the house...
7
7

Ceiling light not turning off
I've recently just fitted a ceiling light it seems to be fitted fine as its came on but is now not turning off. I've put the wires as follows - Red - brown Earth - earth port Black - blue Aswell as...
3
3

LED Torch
A mate had a "gooutdoor" higear LED torch/head lamp : "Burn Time: 20 minutes of light from 1 minute of winding (approx.)" I was very impressed with brightness of it - good value at 4.99 - but buggered...
18
18

making new joists look old
I think the recent spammer was replying to a 2004 thread, or something similar. Maybe Rick's using a 486 and its finally stopped swapfiling :) NT
24
24

OT Opinions?
Opinions anybody?
53
53

How do I undo this?
's the outlet for a shower. I assume the back part rotates somehow... Neil Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email...
6
6

OT Indian Postal Service
I received a postcard yesterday from India. Posted on the 25th October. A pity my friend had only gone for three weeks as she phoned me last night from home to tell me about her holiday:-)
6
6

And now I've seen it all ...
In many cars nowadays, the headlamps are not user replaceable because you have to remove other parts of the engine to get to them. That maybe why so many cars now drive with a headlamp out.
319
319

Simple Timing Circuit
Because he wants to build it inside a mouse.
38
38

CPC Webfree til Weds 28th
CPC are offering free delivery on orders over £10 + vat until end of Weds 28th Nov. Usual story, type WEBFREE in the Order Comments box, checkout will show amount inc postage/handling but you will...
2
2

Laying carpet tiles - Start from middle?
About to put some carpet tiles in a smallish [3mx2m plus a bit] room used as an office. Have bought the tiles [35]. Checking various websites they say start from middle of room and work outwards. Why?...
9
9