Subject Author Posted Replies

Is there SDS on Mars?
Couldn't help thinking ... The US space agency's Curiosity Mars rover uses its drill for the first time, hammering down briefly into a flat slab of rock on the floor of Gale Crater. The US space...
7
7

Wonder how the water got in there:-)?
The local Scout hut had a problem with the emegency lighting. It turned out that one of the lights was full of water. Further investigations showed the lead flashing on te extention was missing. Any...
13
13

Vac for Fine Dust.
The "new" Dyson has now landed. It was a DC07i, advertised as spares or repair and ended at 13 quid. The fault turned out to be a duff clutch. Originally, I wasn't going to bother fixing that, but...
38
38

How to setup Newstap with a free newsfeed?
Hi All Or rather hi some as I suspect some of you don't see my messages due to a pathological hatred of GG. Can anyone give me step by step instructions as to how to sort out free access to uk.d-I-y...
4
4

Getting waste disposal to seal to stainless steel sink.
We replaced our old waste disposal about 1 year ago. The circular hole in the bottom of the sink is slightly dished but the fitting on the waste disposal is flat. A water tight seal depends on a flat...
2
2

90mm soil
Hi guys, With the Geberit frame (foreign job) I got some 90mm (outside diameter) soi= l couplings/adapters. Unfortunately, not quite the angles I need for this p= articular installation. So the...
2
2

DIY telephone wiring (Ireland)
HI Folks We're getting a 'real' telephone/broadband line installed in our shop in West Cork, Ireland. I'm used to the UK / BT situation - where the telephone provider would normally provide a master...
14
14

Garage Door Repaint
9
9

concrete ornaments
how do you acheive the dark edging,and antique look on statues when casting in concrete
5
5

Mysterious Gravity crashing problem
I'm using Gravity with Eternal September and something strange has happened today. I tried to catch up with this group and Gravity kept crashing. Out of curiosity, I tried a couple of other groups -...
9
9

Earthing cable
Because I have a high ELI reading with my TT earthing - around 620 ohms - I want to drive in some new copper rods to see if I can improve it. My question is about the size of the cable from the rods...
10
10

Dishwasher water supply - hot or cold?
New Bosch dishwasher which will take either cold or hot water supply. Given that we have recently replaced the DHW system with a reasonable WB CDi combi I take it that using the hot water supply will...
11
11

Something slower setting than superglue - SATA power connector repair
I have a brand new Seagate 3TB SATA 3 drive with the power connector plastic bit snapped off. Never had it happen before, I suspect a shoddy plastic moulding, but difficult or impossible to prove that...
33
33

8kw heat conversion to centigrade
8kw heat conversion to centigrade
25
25

CH joint leak
I have a slow leak from a joint in a CH pipe (about one drop every minute or two). I tried Plumber's Mait (a cheap version a few months ago, the real thing just now), it still leaks! Any other easy...
9
9