Subject Author Posted Replies

Suitable lighting transformer sought for child's light
Hi all Have been passed on something to 'renovate' - a childs lamp with rotating inner screen, driven by the heat of the small lamp fitted. A bit like: seems to have been an inline 12V transformer...
7
7

Shock Horror: wind turbines produce some useful power!
4.74GW as of 0840 this morning. Do I gather it's a bit windy?
9
9

Makita competition
Might be of interest - Listen live to your favourite music and presenters at Absolute Radio. Keep up with the latest news and shows, enter competitions, and check out our playlists.
10
10

Replaced oven element failed again aftert 10 months - fair or not?
The element in our oven (about 10 years old) failed last April; something I've never experienced before. I replaced it with an original part obtained from an online spares supplier, for about 30 quid...
20
20

OT: same device on 2 routers
I have a wireless router through which I connect this laptop and printer. My nephew also has his xbox on the same router. As he now works for another broadband provider, they have given him a free...
23
23

Probably a bit OT: How long before we all have one of these?
Could be very handy for when you need to make up that special something: may seem expensive, but I remember buying an Apple Laserwriter 25 years ago that cost £5500, which must be a lot more with...
19
19

Do you recognise this radiator (photos inc.)?
Need to replace 3 radiators, and want them to match the existing. They are round top ones and metric (I don't want to touch the pipework). I tried to see if I can find a maker's stamp, but haven't...
15
15

dreamweaver
IS there any DECENT free alternatives to dreamweaver ?
25
25

Combi boiler - hot water flowing too fast, so cold.
We've just got the keys back to our house, after a couple of years in a camper van whilst friends lived here. We've noticed something very strange has happened with the boiler - the hot water's coming...
15
15

OT: more eco home problems
windmill and an air source heat pump so his electric is free. He even gets a small rebate for feeding excess electric into the grid. Swears by it. Though I take 90% of the claims made by people with...
47
47

RCD Trips when lights turned off !
New installation. Four 'uplighters' each equipped with a G24-D2 bulb: lighting circuit two way switched, sourced from the same breaker as other light circuits on that floor. Within two weeks the RCD...
7
7

Solar food dryer made from old PC cases
Hope this belongs here, doesn't seem to fit as a wood or metal project. It's what I like to call "hillbilly geek". I made a solar food dryer from two old PC cases, using one case fan, which is powered...
3
3

Aerosol cans?
Following the recent thread here about aerosol cans.....
16
16

eternal september down again..
Seems like it Its throwing unauthorised user errors half the time. Brian
10
10

So Nuclear Power is cheap?
body that thinks soneeds their heads examining. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21328915http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21201387http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21319031Any