Subject Author Posted Replies

10 pi projects ...
Ten pi-fect projects for your new Raspberry Pi • The Register
6
6

Grouping factor for looped cables
If a circuit loops back on itself within a conduit (e.g. in and out of a socket drop or a switched live running alongside the unswitched live) do you count it as 1 or 2 for grouping? The Regs refer to...
1
1

That Stuff (TM)?
Dad used to have a great hand cleaner called something like That Stuff. It was white and had bits in and came in a squish bottle shaped a bit like a fat Dalek. It would easily remove paint, grease and...
39
39

CFL Pendant Fitting
I visited a freind in a Retirement Home on Tues. All looking very homely except for a few bare CFLs in his hallway. I noticed the lampholder was something I hadn't see before so I didn't offer to go...
7
7

Now there's a bit of plumbing
Slighlty tickles me to see lever valves and brass fittings as we can buy in use on this. I've no doubt they're not cheapy shed no-name ones, of course. Submarine Manufacturing & Products Ltd are...
5
5

OT Cameron gone bonkers...
Going the same way as Bliar. David Cameron tells MPs the UK government would consider vetoing any extension to the European Union's arms embargo on Syria.
42
42

Anyone smell a rat?
My daughter's downstairs lavatory is blocked. Her husband, useless in every respect except impregnating females, called here to discuss the problem, so I gave him a set of drain rods and some basic...
18
18

Electrical Timer
Hello I was given a adapter that plugged into an electrical socket and switches anything plugged into it off and on according to a timer. A bit like a boiler timer. According to the packaging it is...
7
7

Networking question
No you're not, you are thinking logically. Daisy-chain the gigabit switches if one hasn't got enough ports, and just one cable to link them to your router.
100
100

Extra long coach bolts, or similar
Is there a source of extremely long coach bolts or something similar? I need 24" (and 25" would be better). I've tried places like Toolstation and Screwfix with no luck. I suppose I could use threaded...
34
34

Not your usual builder's bum
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEoq0RECAAAelZt.jpg
9
9

Reckless electricity generating
Dundee man to face reckless electricity generating charges Charles McKenzie is accused of building a home-made generator in his flat at Dudhope Court A Dundee man is to stand trial accused of...
39
39

OT Just had a bollocking
And this was a bigger bollocking than the apprentices get - it was off my Mother:-).
46
46

3 in 1 penetrating oil
My 100 ml 39p tin of 3 in 1 penetrating oil is nearing its end . We've been together for a long time but all good things must come to an end. I was wondering just how long we'd been together so I...
69
69

OT - Current House Purchase Behaviour
Hi all I would appreciate comments from people who have recently gone through the house buying process. Having a house for sale, I am undecided as to whether it is better to go for a local agent with...
27
27