Subject Author Posted Replies

and some good news...
Lots of digging the other day and many visits to the dump with "ton bags" full of glant clippings 9which have to be hoicked over the side of RORO skips). Thought I'd given myself another hernia in the...
2
2

washing machine bearings - hotpoint wf860
I have a 9 or 10 year old hotpoint wf860 washing machine whose bearings are obviously going. The relevent spare parts are available and appear to be: hotpoint 35mm bearing kit, 30mm bearing kit, drum...
9
9

Motown goes bust!
I heard it on the grapevine...
30
30

Repainting a bathroom floor
Hello, I've seen a few posts here about this topic, but didn't find the answer I w as looking for. When I renovated our bathroom some years ago, someone convinced me that it would be better to put...
1
1

OT: That was 48 billion well spent then...
Worked so well in the US, no doubt we will continue with the same system here.
3
3

Council Tax banding tribunal
A couple of months ago, we moved. We knew the new place had an "Improvement Index" flag on it, but relative to the other places around, the banding still felt right. The flag was due to a kitchen/one...
18
18

Slate roof - Tile roof.. acceptable method of joining?
Here is the problem.... Semi detached house, both properties sharing he same type of slate roof. One house now has had their roof re-done. New battens, felt and the original slates replaced with...
7
7

Nah - who's going to know? + stength in depth
We are digging up the front garden to extend the drive, and using a mini- digger. Virgin cable connection from the road to the house under the area (hand up to forgetting it was there, however....)....
18
18

Gaah! Can't they make anything that lasts...
Once again, the "temporary" 9kW instant water has blown up. This time it was a ZIP (Made in Germany). Control board failure - not obvious fuses or cutouts. 1 year warranty, 18 months old. Last time it...
12
12

Work boots
Made me think what a tosser he was, and that Danny Boyle isn't infallible after all.
20
20

Fitting Celotex to alcoves
Don't you have one?! Define "long time" & "big blob".... Jim K
44
44

Lock for garden gate both sides
Is it possible to fit a lock to a 6 foot wooden gate that can be operated from both sides? Currently it can only be locked from inside my garden using a simple sliding bolt. But if I leave my property...
8
8

Apprenticeship? What a joke!
This from the Islington borough magazine: Young Islington The chance to progress Twins Ryan and Rhys Wenzel, 21, both completed apprenticeships with Islington Council, and are now employed by the...
103
103

LED Lamp recommendation for cap up application?
Has anyone found a decent LED lamp, that gives a resonable light dispersion in a "cap down" configuration? Better still dimmable...? I have a fitting that has five "arms", and each takes a SES based...
2
2

Sash window repair/replacement
I have 17 (at a rough count) sash windows in various conditions from good to buggered. Clearly, what best to do with them is a bit of an individual decision but, if possible, I'd like to keep them...
44
44