Subject Author Posted Replies

Cladding
More shed-building related questions. I was planning on using "Hardi-plank" cement cladding but on closer inspection it requires a 20mm airgap. Which is a pain. We've got a timber frame with celotex...

Colour laser printer (slightly OT)
Not really looking for "how to fix", I have a Dell 1320c which is getting increasingly reluctant to connect, either by USB or network, typically showing as "offline" from the computer end and "no...
16
16

Football
The English team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. "It was heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope," Said Jose, aged six
35
35

Should I be worried about this plaster crack?
Hi all I'm been looking at the plasterwork of our 'master bedroom' with a view to redecoration in the near future. I am a bit concerned about a long crack in the plaster and given my naivety about...
30
30

Patio Furniture
I have a patio table and chairs set, that has now spent three winters outdoors, with no treatment. It needs some TLC. I see that Cuprinol do a treatment regime, consisting of firstly, a Restorer, then...
4
4

Aldi's Petrol Strimmer
I've an extensive length down a fence that gets overrun with weeds each yea r and I decided when this strimmer came up to do a little homework and take a punt on it - the 3 year warranty is always a...

What dilution ratio
I have some Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser which was left over from when I had my driveway block paved, and thought about using it. I have just finished re sanding the block paving after cleaning...
7
7

Lidl cordless multi-tool.
From 23rd June. I have the similar Aldi one which has been great for where cordless is needed. But this Lidl one has quick change for the blade - my main complaint about the Aldi, which needs an allen...
3
3

When do you glue plastic conduit joints?
As Title.
5
5

Old bricks - much value?
There's a builder doing a property up across the road, he's palletting the bricks he's bringing out to sell on. I have a load of bricks and he's keen to take them, it probably depends what type of...
16
16

Plastering.......
Hi I have an internal solid blockwork wall with sand and cement rendering on it. On top of this is finishing skim plaster. The skim plaster has "blown" off. So I have chiseled all the skim plaster...
8
8

Changing Laptop transformer amperage
I have a small Acer laptop whose mains transformer output is rated at 19 volts and 2.15 amp. This transformer has gone missing. But i have another transformer for a Toshiba laptop whose output is the...
12
12

lighting circuits and insulation
My lighting circuits are a mixture of 1mm^2 and 1.5mm^2 T&E, so ignore the fatter cable and just worry about the thinner stuff. The worst case reference method in insulation is 10A, correct? Just...
4
4

Tile grout cleaner...
...is it the same as brick cleaner? I've got brick cleaner already and notice that for the price of 1litre of grout cleaner is about the same as 5L of brick cleaner. mark
16
16

Sourcing french door
Hi, thanks for replies on previous posts, the shed building continues, now looking for a door (and windows). uPVC (or other low-maintenance) and double-glazed. Best I can find so far is 399 at B&Q for...
4
4