What dilution ratio

I have some Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser which was left over from when I had my driveway block paved, and thought about using it.

I have just finished re sanding the block paving after cleaning it etc, and as I have this stabiliser, I thought about using it. The only problem I have though, is that there are no instructions for use. I have managed to find out that it is to be diluted, but not at what ratio.

Reply to
Bob H

I don't mean to be unhelpful but it's surprising what you can find with a search engine. I put in "Marshalls Jointing Sand Stabiliser" into Google and the very first hit give the info. You should try it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Actually I did that before posting, and I only found that it had to be diluted.

Reply to
Bob H

This is the first 'hit' as you called it:

If the diluting information is on that site it must be well hidden as I can't find it.

Did you?

Reply to
Bob H

From that link:

"Marshalls Keybond® Joint Stabiliser is a water miscible liquid which stabilises the joint filling sand used with concrete block paving, impeding the unwanted erosion of the sand and preventing ingress of water. Available in 5 litre containers, each container contains sufficient solution to treat 250-300 square metres of paving when diluted 6:1 with water."

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Ok thanks, must need my glasses changing, as I saw it on the top right of the page under the menu bar, doh!

Reply to
Bob H

Be warned that any sand on surface of blocks will get stuck to them. I used similar product you water it on and spread out with squegee ... problem was it dragged out loose sand to top of blocks ... left rough finish on some.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

How about this?

========================================= Available in 5 litre containers, each container contains sufficient solution to treat 250-300 square metres of paving when diluted 6:1 with water. =========================================

Lifted from the description near the top rhs of the page.

Reply to
Johny B Good