Subject Author Posted Replies

Bloody useful site for the Engineer/Electrical bods
Some damn useful calculators on this site.... No association just that I found the place useful Calculators Index - Daycounter

OT Wanker
Matthew Lockett from Marple was the first into the Apple store in Manchester's Arndale Centre after queueing since 2pm yesterday
9
9

Buying new consumer unit
Hi all. My house is a bog std 3 bed mid terrace. I currently have a 5 slot wylex box that needs upgrading. Is a '10 way dual rcd' the way to go? Thanks. Arthur
18
18

I read this and thought of Harry and wodders
Internet argument won by making things up | The Daily Mash
7
7

Nilfisk back from the brink of hell
This was a stinker, literally. It's lovely, now. Every time I pass it, I switch it on, just to hear it working. Whoooosh. Nilfisk HDS 2000 after being cleaned out and refurbed a bit. It was an...

Highrises have fires, how safe to exercise in stairwells?
There was a fire in one of the units of my highrise in the past year. One of the tenants said that that there was so much smoke that it was hard to f ind his way through the hallway to the stairwell....
14
14

End feed fittings
Just done a quick assembly (13 joints) in 22mm copper. I found a number of the end feed couplings were a very sloppy fit on the tubing and used a lot of solder. Has anyone else found this?
6
6

Can a laptop LCD screen crack without abuse?
A neighbour has a laptop (Lenovo Edge E520) that has the classic LCD shattered symptom, their kid says it's never been hit to cause this. There is a defective item warranty on it. On the third year....
6
6

Interior wall opinions
I need to make good some interior walls. Easiest way (in that I could do it myself) is timber and plasterboard, just wondering what others would do/have done.
15
15

labour is cheap ?
Just watched 2 labourers take 5 hours to mix about 3 cubic metres of concre te by hand for a trench foundation next door. It would be a whole days work including transporting the materials. I'm not...
1
1

Slipping a lock
Very common job with me, mortice latch on internal door fails in closed position, customer can't get into bedroom/lounge/etc. Good little earner. I've always sorted it by prising off the slam strip...
21
21

Wallpaper pattern repeats
Funny how this business goes, haven't wallpapered for about 6 months, then three jobs in a fortnight. All involving the currently fashionable 'feature wall' with paper having giant flowers on. The...
10
10

Cutting skirting mitres
Any general recommendations on tools for cutting skirting boards? Skirting can be taller than most things we might want to mitre. For skirting the three options I can think of, along with their...
26
26

OT Moving stuff
3 very short but amazing clips. Imaginative Incredible Inventive http://www.chonday.com/Videos/biketruload2#.U8avtmaMqKk.email http://www.chonday.com/Videos/bubikelo2#.U8aw81P6J0U.email Taiwan movers...
5
5

OT Pix from round the world.
http://www.sillyprillygifts.com/wordpictures/wow.html