End feed fittings

Just done a quick assembly (13 joints) in 22mm copper. I found a number of the end feed couplings were a very sloppy fit on the tubing and used a lot of solder. Has anyone else found this?

Reply to
Capitol

Only if you were using imperial 3/4" pipe in 22mm fittings...

Reply to
John Rumm

No. All 22mm.

Reply to
Capitol

Be interesting to know what their internal diameter is? If you have any left over. Where did you buy them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In all probability, Toolstation. A few random measurements. Street elbow 21.8mm od, 22.05id. Elbow 22.34 & 22.20 id. T 22.15 & 22.26 &

15.01 id (unequalT).
Reply to
Capitol

Given that everything is made down to a price (profit) nowadays, last time I bought end-feed fittings I used Endex in the hope that they might be OK. A bit of variation but were reasonable.

Reply to
PeterC

I buy mine from BES (typically 1/10th of the price at the sheds). I keep a small stock and top it up when necessary. Never had any problems with them.

I also bought a large bag of mixed configurations of 15/22mm dissimilar T's from a local plumbers merchant ~15 years ago (at a tiny fraction of the price the individual parts would be). These are unnamed and lower quality on pipe entry size, although tend to be on the tight side, never too loose.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel