Endex End Feed fittings price

I have always asked myself why the Endex - Yorkshire fittings are so much more expensive than other brands.

For example a pack of 10 Endex 22 x 15mm reducing couplers at Screwfix is £8.81 versus £4.47 for the IBP ones.

I know that Yorkshire copper is good quality, but, why is it so much dearer? and, is it really worth the difference in price?

Reply to
asalcedo

Only time I buy solder ring fittings is if they're not available in plain end feed. You seem to pay quite a price for a small amount of solder...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The yorkshire ones asalcedo is refering to are infact end-feed, not solder ring ones!

example (And they are actually £24.48 for 10!)

Reply to
Toby

Yes, I am referring to

prices on the web are different from the catalogue prices I used, but still there is a huge difference between them.

Toby;2019802 Wrote:

Reply to
asalcedo

Ah - the yorkshire thing confused me. Which is easily done.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

As I'm from Yorkshire, I'm allowed to tell you that it's because they want more of your money. What's the difference between a Yorkshireman and a coconut? You can get a drink out of a coconut...

Reply to
David

Since the cheaper ones do the job what's the point of paying for snobby ones?

Reply to
Ed Sirett