Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: EU more expensive than my ex-wife
If there was any better reas9on to leave hard and fast and give the EU the finger, I haven't seen one.
23
23

OT: Remoaning the good news.
Yep, despite Brexit and with companies queuing up to locate in Britain., and with unemployment at an all time low of 4.8%.... ...someone has managed to find SOMEONE who is 'pessimistic' Project Fear...
27
27

From garden pond automatic filler to antenna trimmer
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxXvwNWUcAAcztQ.jpg
6
6

DIY 4 leaf clover - well the frame at least
We have an ALFA and it saved our 7000 mile holiday from disaster, just like in the legend. Some tragedy, some luck, and Enzo Ferrari https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxXourTVEAASz2A.jpg
10
10

slate roof vent for bathroom extractor
The slates are 10" wide with felt beneath. There is a bewildering choice of plastic vents / cowls including one - Lap Vent - installed from below which would avoid paying a roofer to go up. Anyone...

Cordless drill
Is this any good for a Christmas present? Compact, lightweight and powerful drill / driver Features: Screw diameter up to 8mm. | Always ready to use thanks to Lithium-ion battery technology | Keyless...
20
20

Don't give me any extra screws
7 off instead of 6 off - IS CONFUSING. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxUmFOgW8AAGE0E.jpg
2
2

Quick question about service valve flow direction.
Why do service valves (15mm and 22mm) have an arrow indicating direction of flow?
5
5

Always Low Prices!
84p in my local plumbers merchant! Turn your house into a home with Homebase. 🏠 Great deals on outdoor living ✓ Extensive outdoor living & DIY collections ✓ Homebase. Feels good to be home
2
2

Replace MCB with RCBO in Wylex NHRS17SL board?
Is there an RCBO that will fit a Wylex NHRS17SL board? The board currently has two RCDs: one for the rings and one for the outside sockets. I'd like to free-up some space in the board by replacing one...
8
8

Connecting new induction hob.
I am installing a new 4 ring Bosch induction hob to replace a Neff ceramic hob where one of the rings had failed. I was very pleased to find that it fits in the same size hole in the work top. (I had...
8
8

Novel soldering technique
I had to laugh: That ain't gonna work ;-) (even if you ignore the cap in the space silk screened for Q1!) Christmas Gift Store
46
46

Youtube: how a radial engine works
Fantastic model of a 9-cylinder radial engine, shown operating. Part 1: Part 2: Nine Cylinder Radial Engine Explained Video Part 2 http://youtu.be/R71Xhrkc3EQ High speed spin of another build...
18
18

Old loft conversion/refurb
Hi. I'm considering buying a house to refurb and sell on. The roof is knackered and the ceilings of the 80s/90s loft conversion will need to come down and be replaced. Am I obliged to fit current...
5
5

Re: chinky rubbish
Twelve quid ain't so cheap.