Joinery nomenclature question.

What do you call the strip attached to (or part of) one cupboard door which covers the apposed edge of the opposite door, like a floating mullion in a window?

Specifically, if I wanted to look for some, preferably symmetrical, moulding in wood or stainless steel to cover the gap between two white plastic covered chipboard doors, what should I look for?

Many thanks,

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Meeting stile?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Astragal?

Reply to
Andy Burns

That, with your other answer, seems to cover it. Many thanks!

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Clapping strip

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Wow, that's a completely new word to me. Not often I hear one of those, especially in a context like this.

Reply to
newshound