Recommendations for gas strut supplier?

I need to change the tailgate gas struts on a Hyundai i20 - prices for a pair seem to range between about £24 and £90. Are there any makes or suppliers to look for or avoid?

Reply to
nospam

The Rover SD1 club have been through all this with the bonnet struts. There's rather more to it than it seems at first glance - or rather is with those. Also how well they cope with varying temperatures. Cheap ones strong enough to hold it up on a very cold day may whack you in the face on a hot one. And so on.

I'd try and find a forum or Facebook group dedicated to your model and see what the consensus is there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I and my customers have been happy with several different sets of struts from sgs-engineering.com 2 year guarantee as well. quick service too.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Reply to
Munch

Thanks! They were helpful on the phone, the prices aren't much more expensive than eBay and they have a 2 year warranty - order placed.

Reply to
nospam