Subject Author Posted Replies

Stainless bolt into zinc - any issues? TV bracket (contd.)
Possible fixings: and To fix a TV bracket to a wood (presume veneered chipboard) panel approximately 16mm thick. TV bracket has 6 countersunk holes, and the metal plate is approximately 3 mm thick. I...
5
5

Powered low voltage LEDs
Yes, another daft LED question. Sorry. I have a set of small LED Christmas lights, to decorate a miniature tree. Power is from 2 AA batteries. Were I to have four identical sets, could I wire them in...
16
16

Re: Best group i could find sorry..... PESTS
You have unwanted mousetraps?

Alarm Reset
Moved in for a few months now ? Power cut and I don't have the alarm code how do I reset ? Any ideas many thanks
6
6

OT: Ditches and Trenches
I always understood that a ditch was a (semi-permanent) drainage channel whereas a trench (except in the the warfare sense) is a temporary excavation to enable infrastructure work to be carried out....
9
9

Fluorescent Lights under High Voltage Power Lines
An amazing art installation by Richard Box highlighting the EMF fields caused by high voltage power lines.
7
7

OT, laser printers
Looks like one of my printers is dying, ISTR someone posting a recommendation recently for something remarkably cheap, but can't spot it. Duplex, A4, ideally networked (but not essential), mono (I...
19
19

Married couples allowance - transfer
HMRC Just been trying to do the Married couples allowance - transfer. Get the the last page and then an eternal "We are processing your details This may take up to 30 seconds." (and the rest) Anyone...
3
3

Blue tooth noise cancelling head phones
I'm looking for a set of these with REPLACEABLE batteries. The last Sony set of bluetooth headphones didn't have replaceable batteries and had to be thrown away after just over a year. All suggestions...
16
16

accenta 8 burglar alarm is stuck displaying message READY
How do I unstick it ? short fron Set + to PA left hand does not reset to factory condtion access code 0123
2
2

OT: hard disk data recovery help sought
A friend has given me a hard drive that is no longer being recognised by her PC and there is data that she would like to recover. I've plugged it in to my own PC and it appears in the bios but nowhere...
36
36

Convert a bench grinder into a disk sander?
hello All please can you help me wit some advice concerning: 1) I have a Hilka 350W bench grinder motor which has an arbor sticking out of each end, comprising an M10 nut on a threaded portion, and a...
12
12

G4 LED
My daughter has some under cupboard lights - about 3inch diameter reflectors with a G4 bulb. They fail frequently and I would like your advice on LED replacements. LED Bulbs? New fittings that would...
8
8

Worth replacing an old oil boiler?
A while ago I asked about the possible perils of buying a listed house (17thC timber-framed) - the survey results were so bad that I ran away bravely. It now seems likely that I'll be buying an...
65
65

Car aircon in winter
I've just repaired my car aircon (rusted pipe, big leak) and filled it with one can of gas (to 31.5 PSI - although the instructions say it should be 33-38). The compressor now spins (it didn't when...
5
5