Latest threads in Plumbingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

My snake is stuck in the kitchen sink, can I yank it out?
No further details provided

Presco Plumbing & Drain Repair Services
Presco Plumbing & Drain is Leading Plumbing Repair & Maintenance Company in Toronto & GTA. Our plumbing contractors are highly trained, certified & expert in handling any type of plumbing emergency...

How do I cap off an old saddle valve
No further details provided

The screws for the lever plate are 10/24 threads instead of 14/20 and the cover's holes are enlarged. Can't find replacement.
No further details provided

disposal going out
How to determine if the disposal is going out and needs to be replaced? Will barely turn on and will not function properly - replace or is there a possible repair? If replace, where is the best place...

the valve is leaking at the top of the anti siphon position
No further details provided

where can i buy the bleeder valve cap nut i live in brooklyn 11224
No further details provided

how do i protect a pex water line from the uv light in my return air plenum
My water main coming into house comes in my return air plenum and its pex and I also have a uv light in my return. How do I protect the pex or do i need to.

i have an undescribable odor under my kitchen sink, not disposal. was wondering if it could be the plastic from my reverse osmosis.
No further details provided

Can a long garden hose cause air in the water pipes inside the house
This past weekend I had to water some new shrubs which were over 100' from the house in our lower back yard. I connected enough hose and watered them. Turned the nozzle off, went in the house, used...

How do you replace a Mack sink gasket on a bathroom sink?
No further details provided

pex 80 feet outside in sun. what to apply to protect it
Is there any way to protect white pex outside, exposed to direct sun UV every day. Paint, pipe slip-on foam, fiber wrap, etc? Length 80 ft attached to retaining wall with cleats but could be wrapped...

on a scale of 1 to 10.....how difficult would it be to replace all drains in house? 1 being easy peasy and 10 being get a professional.
All drains are old metal and are corroded rusted and leak at some point. We are first homeowners and are ambitious to do diy....but we don't want to really mess things up. Suggestions? Hints? N e...

replacing bath drain face plate. old screws rusted and broken off, nothing to grab on to to twist and remove what's left of the old screws.
No further details provided

epoxy pipe treatment, has anyone had this done?
My H/O Ins. won't renew because of 2 losses within 4 years. They gave me 2 options, either replace entire pipes throughout the house OR treat pipes with epoxy treatment, once I provide proof of...