Stainless Steel Toilet Tank Bolts--Better than Brass?

Can I expect stainless steel toilet tank bolts to outlast brass bolts? The toilets installed when my townhouse was built in 1986 used tank bolts that were not brass. They were brass-plated or maybe even cheaper than that and corroded away to nothing in a few years. I used brass bolts to replace them but wonder if the stainless ones hold up better..

Also, are their washers on the market that will outlast the rubber ones which typically come with tank bolt kits? If so, what are they made of and where would I find them?

Reply to
SI in Sunnyvale