Which wing nuts are better for under a toilet tank? Zinc or stainless steel?

Toilet tank removed, cleaned, and almost back on.

Which wing nuts are better for under a toilet tank?

Zinc or stainless steel?

With brass bolts. Beneath the wing nut, black lock washer, flat washer, rubber washer, and tank bottom.

I could use the included nuts, I suppose, and it might be easier to unscrew 30 years from now, but it would be verrrrry difficult to tighten with a wrench so it would only be finger tight today.

Wat should I use.

Reply to
micky

The Democrats have started WW3. What makes you think you'll be around a year from now?

Reply to
JRB Ware

Stainless, but I'd probably just use the included ones, some anti-seize on the threads if you have it. How many more times do you think this will need to be done? I've gone decades and haven't had to do a single one.

Reply to
trader_4

Only do it finger tight!! Using a wrench makes it likely you'll crack the bottom of the tank.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

Use the supplied nits and buy a socket set - deep socket will remove the nuts

Reply to
Clare Snyder