Need to replace the sleeve for our umbrella base

We have 6 x 11' umbrellas with the Pacific Bay Umbrella Bases - made by American Garden in Irwindale, for OSH, and sold as their part No. OSH-6749592. They're the 24" round Deluxe Umbrella Base, weighing 44 lbs, bronze finish.
Due to a design flaw, they rust out. We lost another last night in the wind. The base is fine, but this time I can't have a welder repair the tube unit. Can you source/supply a replacement tube...or several? Please let us know availability and price. Thank you!
PS - Searched Alibaba for Chinese mfg's, but no-one had the model nor supplied the 2 1/8" ID sleeve.
Reply to
Hunter
Re: Need to replace the sleeve for our umbrella base full size image
Re: Need to replace the sleeve for our umbrella base full size image
It looks like you need a really thick wall steel pipe to which you can weld a nut for the holding bolt (or maybe just thread a hole if the wall is thick enough) . Metaldepot has some pipe that would fit the spec:
$LimAcc
3 OD x .375 wall x 2.25 ID seems to be the closest although it will be a bit loose. Maybe two bots at 90 degree will be a better holding arrangement. Alternatively, you may be able to incorporate pipe clamps into the base design although they will probably look a bit too industrial:
You'd need to weld a bracket for two of these.
Reply to
homeowners
Thanks for your input. I checked out their website and if I were to fabricate my own sleeve, they could be a supplier.
I did find the D.C. America unit on Wayfair:

I'm waiting to hear from them on a replacement sleeve.
Thanks, again! Allen
Reply to
Anonymous
Why don't you try <a href="
pop up marquees in brisbane</a>. I have been using their products for over a year now.
Reply to
kevin_porter
Hi. We have run into the same issues with the sleeve rusting away and breaking off the base. Seems a shame to throw away the whole thing. I'm NOT a welder and neither is my husband. Is there any place that sells a replacement sleeve? Thanks for your help!
Reply to
teresachance

Site Timeline Threads