what kind of batteries are needed in a pacific bay umbrella solar unit so the little night lights come on

I've yet to get one of these for myself, so I have to apologize if this comment is off the mark. However, "solar powered" implies that there's a way to store that power for night use and that would require rechargeable batteries, not just any AA. Something like this:

or these:
because some of the solar light umbrellas descriptions do mention AAA rather than AA batteries. It's possible that the unit requires both types of batteries although it's rather unlikely. I would switch to rechargeables and see if it fixes the issue. The links I provided are to high capacity versions - I always replace "normal" rechargeable batteries with high capacity in my solar lights.

If you have more information that would help with a more detailed answer, please post it in the comments.

Reply to
homeowners

i just put in 3 new batteries (AA's) the solar unit atop the umbrella. flip the switch and lights come on but at night they don't come on.

Reply to
Anonymous

I agree with you, Home Owner. Or maybe the batteries ran out of power when he used it at night. Hopefully rechargeable batteries will fix the problem and better check if the kind of battery used is the one said in the manual; coz double A batt might not be enough.

Reply to
Anonymous