Need to replace Baseboard Heaters with ??

So we have a guest house that had 20 year old 220v electric Baseboard
heaters. Flip a few on and watch the Meter Fly!
So I'm looking to replace them with either another baseboard unit, or a Wall
unit.
We have one of the portable radiator type fin units filled with oil and I
like the way it can still heat after the oil's been warmed up.
Do they make a Baseboard heater that I can Mount to the Wall that does
something Similar? I do not want a Portable unit, I want something Fixed.
Any Suggestions?
Scott
Reply to
Scott Townsend
> So we have a guest house that had 20 year old 220v electric Baseboard > heaters. Flip a few on and watch the Meter Fly! > > So I'm looking to replace them with either another baseboard unit, or a > Wall unit. > > We have one of the portable radiator type fin units filled with oil and > I like the way it can still heat after the oil's been warmed up. > > Do they make a Baseboard heater that I can Mount to the Wall that does > something Similar? I do not want a Portable unit, I want something Fixed. > > Any Suggestions? > > Scott
Reply to
Speedy Jim
> So we have a guest house that had 20 year old 220v electric Baseboard > heaters. Flip a few on and watch the Meter Fly! > > So I'm looking to replace them with either another baseboard unit, or a > Wall unit. > > We have one of the portable radiator type fin units filled with oil and I > like the way it can still heat after the oil's been warmed up. > > Do they make a Baseboard heater that I can Mount to the Wall that does > something Similar? I do not want a Portable unit, I want something Fixed. > > Any Suggestions? > > Scott
Reply to
RBM
> So we have a guest house that had 20 year old 220v electric Baseboard > heaters. Flip a few on and watch the Meter Fly! > > So I'm looking to replace them with either another baseboard unit, or a Wall > unit. > > We have one of the portable radiator type fin units filled with oil and I > like the way it can still heat after the oil's been warmed up. > > Do they make a Baseboard heater that I can Mount to the Wall that does > something Similar? I do not want a Portable unit, I want something Fixed. > > Any Suggestions? > > Scott
Reply to
Mike Dobony
I expected more grief then that! ;-P
The old units look like this:
Pretty hideous.
If its all Apples to Apple, So maybe something like this then?
I do like this unit though... Seems like the Hydronic would be more efficient though.
the Energy heating the oil, then the oil still retains the heat. Exhaust heaters once they are off, you are done...
Reply to
Scott Townsend
The thing is, while its heating the oil its not heating the room. Heating oil to heat a room is going to use more energy than to just heat the room.
> > Do they make a Baseboard heater that I can Mount to the Wall that does > something Similar? I do not want a Portable unit, I want something Fixed. > > Any Suggestions? > > Scott
Reply to
Eric
>I expected more grief then that! ;-P > > The old units look like this:
> Pretty hideous. > > If its all Apples to Apple, So maybe something like this then? >
> I do like this unit though... Seems like the Hydronic would be more > efficient though. >
Waste the Energy heating the oil, then the oil still retains the heat. > Exhaust heaters once they are off, you are done... > > Scott
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski
Thanks guys.
Since this is a 'rental' and its only 520 SqFt (the whole unit, not just the one room) I'm thinking the 1500 watt unit should be fine. The Last tenant had a portable 1500 watt radiant oil filled heater and they usually put it on 1500 watt for a bit to take the Chill off, then set it to 700 watt to maintain.
Being that I've just finished building a house I'm not really interested in spending much time and effort on this small rental. So I'm looking for something that I can Fix to the wall/ceiling and hard wire in so I can meter it (along with the Stove and a few other things) so we can charge for it. The other Outlets are not on the Meter. (if you really want to know why, I can explain, but...) Quick and Efficient. (-;
There is no Fireplace or any roof penetrations, so back to the quick and not wanting to spend time, I don't think a fireplace/pellet stove is in my future.
Wait, We'll be putting in an Electric Oven.. What if I get one with Convection? Have her turn on the Oven and the Convection fan... Adjust the baking tem to what she wants the room to be? (-;
Scott
Reply to
Scott Townsend
. Nope. As several people have said electric heat is 100% efficient.
As Edwin said the oil just maintains heat output over a longer time.
Reply to
bud--
"Charlesmurphy via HomeKB.com" wrote in message
It will give a more even heat in a drafty room. Certainly not a bad idea, but it may be a bit more costly to buy. Over a number of years, it is cheap.
Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski
In article , snipped-for-privacy@ece.villanova.edu says...
Heat is energy and therefore is to be provided in terms of energy units, which would be power x time.
Banty
Reply to
Banty
Exactly. "Per" means "divided by" time, which implies an acceleration of power ("Cap'n, we're up to Warp 11! She canna take much morra this!" :-)
Nick
Reply to
nicksanspam

Site Timeline Threads