Flooring installation question

I am planning on putting a engineered floating hardwood floor in my family room which has a cement floor. I have baseboard hot water heat on three wall. Do I need to install transition pieces under the baseboard heat or can I leave it unfinished since it is out of sight? The wall the is parallel to the boards is 24 feet in length. The walls that are perpendicular to the boards are 11 feet. The manufacturer installation instructuin do not cover this issue.

Reply to
noname87

Call them. Seriously, chances are good you'll get very sound and authoritative advice.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar

do you EVER have moisture troubles? if so dont put down a good floor.t ruin it and be a waste of money

Reply to
hallerb

Reply to
noname87

No transition or finish needed. If you are on or below grade, you must install the barrier first. Just run that close to the wall and when you lay in the wood, put it as even as you can, but don't worry about perfection since it is not visible.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski