Latest threads in Paintingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Painting Company Fined for Failure to Notify Customers about Lead Hazards?
Boston, Mass. – Aug. 28, 2012) – A national house painting company with offices in Woburn, Mass., has agreed to pay a $7,200 penalty and to spend $65,000 on an environmental project at a...

problems in applying latex paint it gets "snotty"
I cleaned and sanded surface, Applied latex satin paint and it seemed to clump and had long "snot" like trails
1
1

hammerite rust caps paint how do i thin this paint so i can apply with a paint brush on some metal fencing?
No further details provided

Is there a non-toxic (organic) treatment for the door sill that will protect it?
I am installing a new pine or oak door sill to replace the original sill which, after 25 years, broke into pieces. It was the part of the sill exposed to the elements that disintegrated. We would...
1
1

can i stain over old behr liquid rawhide ?
No further details provided

What type of paint is recommended for painting aluminum siding?
What type of paint is recommended for painting aluminum siding?
1
1

Architectural coatings warranty
My question is about how 3 , 4 , or lifetime warranty could apply in architectural paints when surface preparation and the painter play a critical role . If I paint my house with a 10 years product...
2
2

maintenance free exterior
Our 60 yr old house and garage has three siding boards midway up the stucco wall. The wood siding has been painted many times, but every 4 years needs repainting. Am thinking about cladding it with...
1
1

Can I just paint over a dirty popcorn ceiling?
It contains asbestos and has been painted before. I don't want to clean it. I don't want to spray it. I just want to paint over the dirty popcorn with a thick roller brush and be done with it. What's...
1
1

What is the best clear finish for a bamboo fence?
What about spar varnish or urethane or clear stains? UV protection, color retention and minimal maintenance are important.
1
1

I just prepped, and painted a new basement floor. Then I had a leak. Water stood on top of the paint and caused it to bubble in 2 areas.Help
I just cleaned a new concrete basement floor with TSP. I then etched it with Muriatic Acid. Then I painted it with Valspar Latex concrete floor paint, 2 thin coats, 24 hours apart. THEN I had a water...
1
1

can you substitute wagner paint fill tube
Lost the fill tube, wonder if you can simply use another small pipe, straw, something about the same size?
1
1

How to paint teak furniture white ?
No further details provided