Latest threads in Orchid Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Off topic but amusing - just for fun!
Copyright-2007 © Look at that! one of my hamsters breaks its speed record and can not slow down any more!!! To get the hamsters' speed : divide the speed written by ten, then you will have it in...
1
1

Carbon dioxide and scale insects
I recall that there was a thread a while back on using CO2 to get rid of scale and other insect pests. The idea was to put the plant in a 100% CO2 atmosphere for some length of time. The insects,...
1
1

Bought some books
Searched your recommended books, and bought Orchids Simplified by Jaworski and Ortho All About Growing Orchids. I had some books but wasn't thrilled with them. I also bought American Orchid Culture by...

The battle of the scale (not the diet kind)
Rob, It is interesting that you could be observing the same thing as I. Did you spray or drench with the Bayer product? Did you water between applications where the plants could suck up water without...
14
14

Congrats Danny!
Congrats are due to our own Danny Lentz - his photograph of Cynorkis uncinata 'Mello Spirit' helped the grower/plant win the Ann & Phil Jesup Botanical Trophy 2005, issued by the American Orchid...
1
1

Charleys Catalog pg37 - Wireless Data Logger
I don't have their hardcopy catalog, do you have a 4 digit part number? Given that I might be able to dig up a manual for the device. http://snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.phx...
1
1

Potting mix source
Your nearest orchid nursery would be happy to sell you potting mixes in small quantities, most likely. If you really want to mail order, is a good source, but it could get expensive if you are...
2
2

Trekkies are Orchid lovers too!
Trekkies are Orchid growers too!
1
1

Where to register new species found in Malaysia?
One does not register new species. One has to describe it and have the description published, typically by individuals having recognized taxonomic authority, and they and you can come up with the...
1
1

Orchid Care
If the flower spike is beginning to turn yellow at its tip, I recommend cutting it off at the base. Assuming it IS a phalaenopsis, it will likely be another year until it grows a new one and blooms...
1
1

finding orchids
how does one go about finding a particular relatively pedestrian orchid. I would like to find a large(4-5") juree red den, and a large (4-6") c. Horace "maxima". the den holds up for 6 months, and the...

West Coast Cold
I have been watching the weather in Salinas, Ca. and it has not been pretty. Does anyone know what Matsui uses for heat. Their website has some nice overhead views, I do not see smokestacks. I am also...
6
6

AOS cd
I'm probably just further down the mailing list than Rob. I'll give it another week then call. K http://snipped-for-privacy@localhost.private.neotoma.org...
3
3

Cattleya George Baldwin and Lc Ermine or C Ermine or Blc Ermine
Hi, Can anyone give me any information about C George Baldwin and also Ermine. Not sure about Ermine whether it is a Blc.,C, or Lc hybrid. Thank you, John Whistler

Ice Storm
I hope no one is caught without power due to the Midwest ice. We had photos tonight of St. Louis on the News. They said many were without power in the cold. Anyone able to give us an update? SuE
1
1