Latest threads in Orchid Groupshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2007 IPA Symposium at Taiwan Orchid Plantation March 9-11 with an orchid tour through Thailand before Feb 23-Mar 9
Email # 2. This adventurous tour originates in Atlanta Feb 22 and some may join us in Los Angeles. We arrive in Bangkok to stay at the ROYAL ORCHID SHERATON HOTEL and activities include the Royal...
1
1

Moral: be careful!
Ceramic Heaters Blamed For Fire That Destroyed Home TITUSVILLE, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has new details about a fire that destroyed a three-story home in Titusville. The woman who lived there had...
2
2

orchidspecies.com (IOSPE)
ISOPE is back on line. Cross posted to rgo Bob > http://snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... http://snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... http://snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com......
1
1

Question on pictures on abpo...
I just got back from my honeymoon at the Biltmore and took a few pictures. The bulk of the pictures were taken inside the conservatory and of the orchids in the tapestry room (oops). However, there...
1
1

Clarification please
Once before I've googled it. Every time I've noticed the term, it is used without any clarification of the acronym. It seems that everyone assumes that we all know what it means. I've guessed that to...
1
1

March of the Dinosaur
As of 1/1/07 my ISP no longer provides access to a news server. Obsolete I guess. I did a goggle search on news servers and they seem to run 5 to 10 bucks a month. The "free" sites just seem to be...
1
1

March of the Dinosaur
As of 1/1/07 my ISP no longer provides access to a news server. Obsolete I guess. I did a goggle search on news servers and they seem to run 5 to 10 bucks a month. The "free" sites just seem to be...
7
7

Re: Orchid Mania
OOps wrong group- sorry about that.
1
1

Query: Pleione orchid potting up - how-to please?
Pretty l'il pale pink pleione, bought as a single bulb years ago. Flowered two seasons. Since has grown more new bulbs. Currently has five bulbs in a 2" x2" pot of pine needles. No flowers for last...
1
1

Cure for the blues
Kenni, I told you about this field trip. Was excited and wanted to share the picts. T. He finally showed me how to upload myself. Now I know the monster has gone beyond just owning a camera. Nancy

Re: Cattleya Questions - Kathy
Ob B5.... Londo Mollari: But this this, this, this is like being nibbled to death by, uh Pah! What are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet go "quack". Vir Cotto: Cats. Londo...
1
1

Search for a name
Hi group ! I`ve just bought a beautiful, big Cattleya, with a barely readable tag, that says something like "Tauqine" or "Tanqine" . It may also be "Taugine" . Anyone came across a name like that ?...
2
2

Misting systems
I have read here and elsewhere much discussion about the pros and cons of misting. What I get from that is this, if you enjoy misting go ahead the plants won't notice either way. If you automate your...
1
1

Cattleya Questions
I'm dealing with 2 extremes. The winter has turned out to be better this year. Heaters keep the minimum at 60 F, the room keeps the humidity at 65% to 75% humidity. Fans (tower type) are at opposite...
1
1

pseudo bulbs
The answer to this depends on the condition of the pseudobulbs. You say they turn yellow. Are they shrivelled? Do they still have leaves? A healthy bulb doesn't necessarily need to be removed. In many...
3
3