2007 IPA Symposium at Taiwan Orchid Plantation March 9-11 with an orchid tour through Thailand before Feb 23-Mar 9

Have you thought about travelling to the 2007 IPA Symposium? (at the Taiwan Orchid Plantation, March 9-11 plus the two day trips to the orchid nurseries March 12 & 13) I have! But to go all that way, why not see more? I just returned from a December "orchid sojurn" through Southeast Asia... spending several days each in Bangkok, Singapore, Bali and Hong Kong. I attended the December Horticultural Fair in Bangkok where there were orchid entries from 17 countries. I've posted some highlights at Flickr

will follow. The IPA event was just the excuse I needed to go back. You see I have travelled with Mr. Ed Boyett from Atlanta on a few orchid trips to Ecuador. I would like to continue his 20 year history of leading orchid enthusiasts on tours to Thailand and other destinations in the Orient. I've just checked the air travel to book a roundtrip from Atlanta to Taiwan on the major airlines. Tonight economy airfares were from $3600 to $4200 USD. I've put together an itenerary to tour through Thailand and then have the option of going on to the IPA Symposium. comes to $4007 and the option to travel on to the IPA Symposium is just $505, which again includes flights and ground transportation, hotels and most meals including taxes. I have space for 15 people. If you're interested please send an email or to learn more please check my next email. Lee Bredeson snipped-for-privacy@classicorchid.com

Reply to
Lee

Email # 2. This adventurous tour originates in Atlanta Feb 22 and some may join us in Los Angeles. We arrive in Bangkok to stay at the ROYAL ORCHID SHERATON HOTEL and activities include the Royal Grand Palace, two orchid nurseries, the Temple Dawn, Damnernsaduak Floating Market, Nakorn Pathom with the largest pagoda in Southeast Asia, Thai village show and enjoy the orchids at the Royal Rose Garden. Flight to Ubon Ratchathani visiting Khong Jiam at the confluence of the Mekong and Mun rivers, visit Sao Chaliang and Pha Taem Cliff for a view of the Mekong River and Laos, Wat Supattaram Woraviharn (the architecture of the main temple is a mix of Thai, European and Khmer styles), Wat Thung Si Muang constructed in the reign of King Rama III (1824-51), visit Ubol National Museum (formerly the palace of King Ram VI) with a stop at Chong Mek on the border to Laos, an evening to enjoy a selection of northern Thai cultural performances and fine cuisine. Next a full day tour visiting an elephant camp to see elephants at work, ride an elephant into the forest crossing the river, enjoy and oxcart ride and a bamboo rafting adventure. Travel to Koi Angkhang visiting an orchid farm enroute, visit the Royal Angkhang Agricultural Station Project set up in 1969 under the King's auspices. Visit an orchid nursery near Chiang Mai. Travel to Chiang Mai airport for the flight to Mae Hong Son. Ride through the jungle on elephants followed by a drive through the jungle to visit the "Long Neck" Karen Padaung Village. The women in this village wear numerous brass coils around their necks and legs, and a boat ride on the Pai River. Flight via Chiang Mai to Bangkok. Viisit an orchid nursery where you can buy orchid flasks with documents for legal transport on our flights home. Some orchid travellers will go on for the 2007 IPA Symposium arriving back in US on March 15th. Others may have opted to return to the US arriving in Atlanta on the March

10th. There are 15 spaces available for "orchid travellers". If you'd like to join us please send an email. Lee Bredeson snipped-for-privacy@classicorchid.com
Reply to
Lee