Carbon dioxide and scale insects

I recall that there was a thread a while back on using CO2 to get rid of scale and other insect pests. The idea was to put the plant in a 100% CO2 atmosphere for some length of time. The insects, being animals and needing oxygen, would die.

Has there been any more information made available about this technique? Anyone tried it?

Reply to
Peter A

If you're planning a longer term exposure, put some chunks on a meat tray as well. And if I'm remembering my atomic weights... 44grams of dry ice should give you 22 liters of gas.

Reply to
pakrat