Help!

Hi there!

I bought an orchid last spring. I don't know what kind it is but it's pretty hearty. Prob is, there is a whole second plant starting to grow near the top of one stem of the plant. Is there anyway to separate this from the original plant and root it?

Sorry to sound so ignorant but that's precisely what I am.

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

chompie

Reply to
chompie

jtill

Joe, I would place my bet on the plant in question being a Dendrobium since it seems to have formed a keiki. Chompie, Follow Joe T's advice. I might add that if you are patient, and let the new plant grow bigger, you should increase your chances of it growing up to be a new plant. Did you notice that Joe T put the word "hearty" in quotes? A good bowl of home made soup can be hearty but plants are hardy (or not).

Steve

jtill wrote:

Reply to
Steve