Magnifying glass

I have a nice 4x glass that I use regularly. Today I was looking at some orchid seed that are spread all over my greenhouse (pod exploded a couple of weeks ago) and wanted something stronger.

Does anyone have a good quality high powered glass they would recommend?

Thanks, Gene

Reply to
Gene Schurg

Pat beat me to the suggestion of dissecting 'scope. American Science and Surplus

has a very good binocular model for about $225 or a monocular model for about $60

As Pat mentions, they are available on eBay.

Nikon makes a nice, very portable field microscope, but it is several hundred bucks, IIRC.

J. Del Col

Reply to
jadel

You're not the only one who shops for orchids that way too, trust me. :-)

It's a cool site. It has a sense of humor. Somebody just sent me this: a link for tiny 1/2 ounce crack vials with multi-colored screw on lids.

....I suppose you could store orchid seed in them if you had a surplus.

Reply to
al